- Location(City Hall)
North Latitude: 43° 46’ 15”
East Longitude: 142° 21’ 54”
Elevation: 112.1 meters
Area: 747.66 Square Kilometers
Population & Households (as of February 1, 2017)
- Population: 342,633 (159,238 Men,183,395 Women)
- Households: 177,571
- Population Density(persons/㎢): 458.3
The History of Asahikawa City's Insignia:
The insignia of the city was officially introduced on
June 29, 1911
ASAHIKAWA CITIZENS' CHARTER
The Asahikawa Citizens' Charter was enacted on September 20, 1960.
We shall feel a sense of responsibility and take pride in our status as
citizens of Asahikawa, and with the charter in hand, strive to build a
1. We shall work hard and create happy households.
2. We shall treat others with kindness and build a warm society.
3. We shall obey rules and make our streets orderly and cheerful.
4. We shall love the nature around us and make our city beautiful.
5. We shall foster our culture and make our hometown vibrant and